walk-on definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a minor role in which the actor has no speaking lines or just a very few
- the actor who performs such a role
- Sports a player who tries out for a team without being recruited, drafted, on scholarship, etc.
walk-on definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A minor role in a theatrical production, usually without speaking lines.
- A performer playing such a role.