- Volution is a spiral turn, or a rolling or revolving motion.
A coil is an example of a volution.
volution definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a revolving or rolling
- a spiral turn or twist; coil; convolution
- a whorl of a spiral shell or structure
Origin: ; from Classical Latin volutus: see volute
volution definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A turn or twist about a center; a spiral.
- Zoology One of the whorls of a spiral gastropod shell.
Origin: From Latin volūtus, past participle of volvere, to turn; see volute.