- not occupied; vacant: said of benefices, offices, etc.
- holding or containing nothing
- devoid or destitute (of): void of sense
- having no effect or result; ineffective; useless
- Card Games holding no cards in a suit as dealt to the hand: to be void in clubs
- of no legal force; not binding; invalid; null
- loosely capable of being nullified
ME voide < OFr vuide < VL *vocitus, for L vocivus, var. of vacivus < vacare, to be empty
- Now Rare
- to make empty; clear
- to vacate
- to empty (the contents of something)
- to evacuate, or discharge (urine or feces)
- to make void, or of no effect; nullify; annul
ME voiden < MFr vuidier < vuide, adj.
to defecate or, esp., to urinate