- of or like vinegar
- sour in speech or disposition; ill-tempered
- Having the taste, smell, or nature of vinegar.
- Unpleasant and irascible.
(comparative more vinegary, superlative most vinegary)
- sour, like vinegar
- When Martha reopened the bottle of wine from the previous week's party, a vinegary whiff indicated that drinking it was out of the question.
- (figuratively) acerbic, bitter
- Edward's maiden aunt was a vinegary old soul with a sharp tongue and quick temper; she would not be receiving a wedding invitation.
- of a liquid, having turned partially or fully to vinegar.
vinegar +"Ž -y