- An example of vice president is someone who will take over for the US president if the President is assassinated.
- An example of vice president is the second in command at a company or in a club.
Vice president is a person who is second in command to a president and he acts if something happens to the president, or is a club or corporate title for a person in charge of a specific department or function.
- an officer next in rank below a president, acting during the president's absence or incapacity
- any of several officers of a company, institution, etc., each in charge of a separate department
- ⌂ the elected officer in the U.S. government who acts as president of the Senate and succeeds to the Presidency in the event of the President's death, incapacity, or removal
Also written vice′-pres′ident
- An officer ranking next below a president, usually empowered to assume the president's duties under conditions such as absence, illness, or death.
- A deputy to a president, especially in a corporation, in charge of a specific department or location: vice president of sales.
- Vice-President of the United States; the holder of the constitutional position of the person who succeeds to the Presidency of the United States in the event of the death or incapacity of the President.
vice- + President
(plural vice presidents) (abbreviation VP)
(plural Vice Presidents)
- (US) The secondary office to the President of the United States, being the first in line of succession to the President, and also acting as presiding officer of the U.S. Senate.