- Vice president is a person who is second in command to a president and he acts if something happens to the president, or is a club or corporate title for a person in charge of a specific department or function.
- An example of vice president is someone who will take over for the US president if the President is assassinated.
- An example of vice president is the second in command at a company or in a club.
☆ the elected officer in the U.S. government who acts as president of the Senate and succeeds to the Presidency in the event of the President's death, incapacity, or removal
- an officer next in rank below a president, acting during the president's absence or incapacity
- any of several officers of a company, institution, etc., each in charge of a separate department
- An officer ranking next below a president, usually empowered to assume the president's duties under conditions such as absence, illness, or death.
- A deputy to a president, especially in a corporation, in charge of a specific department or location: vice president of sales.
- Vice-President of the United States; the holder of the constitutional position of the person who succeeds to the Presidency of the United States in the event of the death or incapacity of the President.
vice- + President
(plural vice presidents) (abbreviation VP)
(plural Vice Presidents)
- (US) The secondary office to the President of the United States, being the first in line of succession to the President, and also acting as presiding officer of the U.S. Senate.