- Vice president is a person who is second in command to a president and he acts if something happens to the president, or is a club or corporate title for a person in charge of a specific department or function.
- An example of vice president is someone who will take over for the US president if the President is assassinated.
- An example of vice president is the second in command at a company or in a club.
- an officer next in rank below a president, acting during the president's absence or incapacity
- any of several officers of a company, institution, etc., each in charge of a separate department
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
or vice-pres·i·dentnoun Abbr. VP
- An officer ranking next below a president, usually empowered to assume the president's duties under conditions such as absence, illness, or death.
- A deputy to a president, especially in a corporation, in charge of a specific department or location: vice president of sales.
- vice-presˈi·den·cy noun
- vice-presˌi·denˈtial adjective