- The definition of vascular is defined as something related to vessels or ducts.
An example of vascular is the system that moves water through the bodies of starfish.
vascular definition by Webster's New World
- designating or of the vessels, or system of vessels, for conveying blood or lymph
- designating or of the specialized conducting cells, xylem and phloem, that convey water and foods in vascular plants; also, designating or of plants that have xylem and phloem
Origin: Modern Latin vascularis ; from Classical Latin vasculum, small vessel, diminutive of vas, vessel, dish
- vascularity noun
vascular definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Origin: From Latin vāsculum, diminutive of vās, vessel.
- vasˌcu·larˈi·ty noun
vascular - Medical Definition
vascular - Science Definition
- Relating to the vessels of the body, especially the arteries and veins, that carry blood and lymph.
- Relating to or having xylem and phloem, plant tissues highly specialized for carrying water, dissolved nutrients, and food from one part of a plant to another. Ferns and all seed-bearing plants have vascular tissues; bryophytes, such as mosses, do not. See more at phloem, xylem.