An uprooted tree.
uproot definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- to tear up by the roots
- to destroy or remove utterly; eradicate
- to remove or force from home or native land
uproot definition by American Heritage Dictionary
transitive verb up·root·ed, up·root·ing, up·roots
- To pull up (a plant and its roots) from the ground.
- To destroy or remove completely; eradicate.
- To force to leave an accustomed or native location.
- up·rootˈed·ness noun
- up·rootˈer noun