- The definition of upfront is something that was done before another business transaction.
An example of upfront is the money given the a landlord before you can move in.
- Upfront means telling the truth at the beginning.
An example of upfront is meeting someone for a date and telling them that you have a secret past.
- very honest or forthright; open; candid
- in or into the public eye; conspicuous: an upfront position
- invested, paid, etc., ahead of time; at the beginning: an upfront payment of $21,000
or up-front Informal
- Straightforward; frank.
- Paid or due in advance: upfront cash.
adverbalso up front
(comparative more upfront, superlative most upfront)
(third-person singular simple present upfronts, present participle upfronting, simple past and past participle upfronted)
- To bring to the fore; to place up front for consideration