Variant of understanding
- the mental quality, act, or state of a person who understands; comprehension, knowledge, discernment, sympathetic awareness, etc.
- the power or ability to think, learn, judge, etc.; intelligence; sense
- a specific interpretation or inference: one's understanding of a matter
- mutual comprehension, as of ideas, intentions, etc.
- a mutual agreement, esp. one that settles differences or is informal and not made public
that understands; having or characterized by comprehension, sympathy, etc.