- The definition of a twofer is something that satisfies two requirements or needs at the same time, or another way of saying two for the cost of one.
- An example of a twofer is choosing to have an meeting at your favorite restaurant which happens to be close to your next appointment.
- An example of a twofer is a person who belongs to two different minority groups.
- An example of a twofer is going to the grocery store and buying two bags of chips for the typical price of one bag.
Origin: altered from two for
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A coupon offering two items, especially tickets for a play, for the price of one.
- An offer, a deal, or an arrangement in which a single expense yields a dual return: Going to a wedding in New Orleans during Mardi Gras was a twofer.
- One who belongs to two minority groups and can be counted, as by an employer, as part of two quotas.
Origin: Alteration of two for (the price of one).