- The tornado that picks up Dorothy's house in the Wizard of Oz is an example of a twister.
- A person who spins yarn is an example of a twister.
The definition of a twister is a tornado, or someone who twists.
- a person who twists
- a thing that twists; specif.,
- a machine for twisting threads, etc.
- a thrown or batted ball that has been given a twist
- Informal a tornado or cyclone
- One that twists, as in the manufacture of rope or yarn.
- Sports A ball thrown or batted with a twist.
- Informal A tornado or cyclone.
- One who twists.
- The instrument used in twisting, or making twists.
- (colloquial) A tornado.
- (carpentry) A girder
- (dated) The inner part of the thigh, the proper place to rest upon when on horseback.
- (UK, colloquial) A crook, a villain.
- The party game Twister, usually capitalized, or a variant.
- (trademark) A party game that requires several players on a single mat to straddle four colored rows of dots in random positions without falling.
- This term is a trademark of Hasbro.