- The definition of a twister is a tornado, or someone who twists.
- The tornado that picks up Dorothy's house in the Wizard of Oz is an example of a twister.
- A person who spins yarn is an example of a twister.
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- a person who twists
- a thing that twists; specif.,
- a machine for twisting threads, etc.
- a thrown or batted ball that has been given a twist
- ☆ Informal a tornado or cyclone
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- One that twists, as in the manufacture of rope or yarn.
- Sports A ball thrown or batted with a twist.
- Informal A tornado or cyclone.