- an Asian silkworm (Antheraea paphia) that feeds on oak leaves and produces coarse, brownish silk filaments
- this silkin full tussah silk
- a fabric made from this
- this silk
Origin of tussahHindi tasar ; from Sanskrit tasara, literally , a shuttle, kind of silkworm
- An Asian silkworm, the larva of a large saturniid moth (Antheraea paphia), that produces a coarse brownish or yellowish silk.
- The silk produced by this worm or a fabric woven from it.
Origin of tussahHindi tasar, from Sanskrit tasaram, shuttle (probably from the shape of its cocoon); see ten- in Indo-European roots.
(countable and uncountable, plural tussahs)
- Alternative form of tussore.