- Alternative spelling of turbanned.
Variant of turban
- any of various styles of headdress worn by men in the Middle East and S Asia, consisting of a length of cloth wound in folds about the head, often over a cap: the style of the turban often indicates the position or rank of the wearer
- any similar headdress; esp.,
- a scarf or bandanna wound around the head, worn by women
- a woman's hat with no brim or a very short brim turned up closely
Origin of turbanearlier turbant ; from Middle French ; from Italian turbante ; from Turkish tülbend, dialect, dialectal form of dülbend ; from Persian dulbänd, turban, sash