nounpl. Tupí or Tu·pís also Tupi or Tu·pis
- A member of any of a group of South American Indian peoples living along the coast of Brazil, in the Amazon River valley, and in Paraguay.
- The Tupian language of the Tupí.
- The Tupi tribe of South America, in French Guiana.
- The language of this tribe.
Variant of Tupí
- pl. or Tupí a member of a group of South American Indian peoples living chiefly along the Brazilian coast and the lower Amazon and in part of Paraguay
- the language of these peoples: an earlier form was used as a lingua franca in the Amazon region
- a widely distributed South American Indian language stock that includes Tupí-Guaraní
Origin of TupíTupí, comrade
Also sp. Tupi