tunnel visiontunnel vision
a narrow outlook; specif., the focus of attention on a particular problem without proper regard for possible consequences or alternative approaches
- Vision in which the visual field is severely constricted, as from within a tunnel looking out.
- An extremely narrow point of view; narrow-mindedness.
- A restricted field of vision as the result of looking through some type of object or a medical condition.
- It took some time for him to get used to the tunnel vision he experienced while looking through a periscope.
- (figuratively) To focus one's attention on one specific item or event, to the exclusion of everything else.; a one-track mind
- After Mark fell victim to tunnel vision, nothing you could say to him would change his mind.