- If you are three times as excited this time as you were last time, this is an example of a time when you are triply excited.
- If you have three locks on the door, this is an example of being triply protected.
Triply is defined as three times as much or to the third degree.
in a triple amount or degree
- In three ways: As an actor, singer, and juggler, she was triply qualified for the role.
- To a triple degree: a triply redundant navigational system.
- Three times: Prices were triply inflated.
- (usually of relative importance) At three times the severity or degree.
- It is important to lock the door, and triply so at night.