triarchy[trī′är kē, -är′-]
triarchy definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. triarchies
- government by three rulers; triumvirate
- a country governed by three rulers
- a country with three districts, each governed by its own ruler
Origin: Classical Greek triarchia: see tri- and amp; -archy
triarchy definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. tri·ar·chies
- Government by three people; a triumvirate.
- A country governed by three rulers.