- government by three rulers; triumvirate
- a country governed by three rulers
- a country with three districts, each governed by its own ruler
Origin of triarchyClassical Greek triarchia: see tri- and -archy
- Government by three people; a triumvirate.
- A country governed by three rulers.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
tri- +"Ž -archy