- an act or instance of translocating
- Bot. the transport of organic food materials in solution through tissues from one part of a plant to another
- Genetics the transfer of a portion of a chromosome to a new location in the chromosome or into another chromosome
- A change of location.
- Genetics a. A transfer of a chromosomal segment to a new position, especially on a nonhomologous chromosome.b. A chromosomal segment that is translocated.
- Botany The movement of sap downward and upward within the phloem, bringing nutrients to all living parts of a plant.
trans- +"Ž location