- a fabric strip, ribbon, tape, etc. used to tie curtains or draperies to one side
- a curtain with a tieback: usually used in pl.
The definition of a tieback is a small strip of fabric or cord used to hold curtains open.
An example of a tieback is a piece of velvet hanging on the wall to the side of curtain at a window.
- A decorative loop of fabric, cord, or metal for parting and draping a curtain to the side.
- tiebacks A pair of curtains intended to be tied back.
- Tiebacks can be of self-material or any other kind of tieback you like an elegant rope cord and tassel.
- The tieback curtains are often ruffled to show off the effect of the tieback.