- The definition of a tieback is a small strip of fabric or cord used to hold curtains open.
An example of a tieback is a piece of velvet hanging on the wall to the side of curtain at a window.
- ☆ a fabric strip, ribbon, tape, etc. used to tie curtains or draperies to one side
- ☆ a curtain with a tieback: usually used in pl.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A decorative loop of fabric, cord, or metal for parting and draping a curtain to the side.
- tiebacks A pair of curtains intended to be tied back.