- The definition of a tieback is a small strip of fabric or cord used to hold curtains open.
An example of a tieback is a piece of velvet hanging on the wall to the side of curtain at a window.
tieback definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- ☆ a fabric strip, ribbon, tape, etc. used to tie curtains or draperies to one side
- ☆ a curtain with a tieback: usually used in pl.
tieback definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A decorative loop of fabric, cord, or metal for parting and draping a curtain to the side.
- tiebacks A pair of curtains intended to be tied back.