- The definition of thousandfold is something that is a thousand times more than something else.
An example of thousandfold is the noise level of 1,000 people as compared to one person; a thousandfold increase.
having a thousand times as much or as many
Origin of thousandfoldthousand + -fold
a thousand times as much or as many
a number or an amount a thousand times as great
- Multiplied by one thousand (1000), repeated a thousand times.
- The changes to the algorithm resulted in a thousandfold increase in efficiency, earning the engineer a small brass plaque.
- Having one thousand parts or members.
- By a factor of a thousand.