- Eye dialect spelling of the.
PronounSee also: thây
- 1566, John Knox, The Works of John Knox, Vol. 1 (of 6):
- But potent is he against whome thei faught; for when thay wicked war in greatast securitie, then begane God to schaw his anger.
- 1838, William Makepeace Thackeray, Memoirs of Mr. Charles J. Yellowplush:
- Law bless us! there was four of us on this stairkes, four as nice young men as you ever see: Mr. Bruffy's young man, Mr. Dawkinses, Mr. Blewitt's, and me--and we knew what our masters was about as well as thay did theirselfs.