Variant of terrestrial
- of this world; worldly; earthly; mundane
- of, constituting, or representing the earth: a terrestrial globe
- consisting of land as distinguished from water
- living on land rather than in water, in the air, in trees, etc.
- growing on land or in the soil
- of the four small, rocky inner planets of the solar system, specif. Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars
Origin: ME terrestrialle < L terrestris < terra, terra
- terrestrially adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.