- Bowling strike
- Informal any entirely successful action
- Sports A strike in bowling.
- Informal A remarkably successful stroke or act.
- A strike; the knocking down of all ten pins with one delivery of the ball
- (US, informal) Any quick, decisive stroke or act.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Websterâ€™s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.