telephotography[tel′ə fə täg′rə fē]
telephotography definition by Webster's New World
- the art or process of photographing distant objects by using a telephoto lens
- the science or process of transmitting photographs over distances by converting light rays into electric signals which are sent over wire or radio channels: the receiver converts the electric signals back into light rays to which a photographic film is exposed
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- telephotographic adjective
telephotography definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The process or technique of photographing distant objects, using a telephoto lens on a camera.
- The technique or process of transmitting charts, pictures, and photographs over a distance.
- telˌe·phoˌto·graphˈic adjective