intransitive verb-·enced, -·enc·ing
intransitive verbtel·e·con·fer·enced, tel·e·con·fer·enc·ing, tel·e·con·fer·enc·es
- A telephone conference, an arranged phone call between more than two parties.
- The four of us should have a teleconference next week.
- More generally, the live exchange of information among persons and machines remote from one another but linked by a telecommunications system, over telephone, video or other means.
(third-person singular simple present teleconferences, present participle teleconferencing, simple past and past participle teleconferenced)
- To take part in a teleconference.
- I teleconferenced with marketing and engineering.
A contraction of the English: telephone conference. Or, from the Greek tele- (distance) and conference.