tea treetea tree
- A melaleuca tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) of Australia whose leaves yield an oil used in cosmetics and for medicinal purposes.
- Any of various evergreen shrubs or small trees of the genus Leptospermum, native to Southeast Asia and Australasia, having showy flowers and small needlelike leaves formerly used to make a tealike beverage.
(plural tea trees)
- The tea plant, Camellia sinensis, from which black, green, oolong and white tea are all obtained.
- The tree Melaleuca alternifolia from which tea tree oil is obtained.
- A shrub or small tree native to New Zealand and southeast Australia, Leptospermum scoparium.
- The kanuka, Kunzea ericoides.
- The duke of Argyll's tea tree, Lycium barbarum, also known as wolfberry or matrimony vine.
- The shrub ti, Cordyline fruticosa.