(comparative more tattooed, superlative most tattooed)
- Having been tattooed with one or more tattoos.
- The man was so heavily tattooed that it was almost impossible to find any bare skin whatever on his body.
- simple past tense and past participle of tattoo
Variant of tattoo
transitive verbtattooed, tattooing
- to puncture (the skin) with a needle and insert indelible colors so as to leave permanent marks or designs
- to make (marks or designs) on the skin in this way
Origin of tattoo; from a Polynesian language ; from Proto-Polynesian an unverified form tatau
a tattooed mark or design