- the act or process of taking down, esp. of disassembling mechanically
- the act of bringing an opponent in an amateur wrestling match to the mat from a standing position, a maneuver for which points are awarded
- Informal humiliation
- a. An article or apparatus that can be taken down or apart.b. The mechanism that allows an article or apparatus to be easily taken down.
- Sports A move or maneuver in wrestling or the martial arts in which a standing opponent is forced to the floor.
- Informal a. The act of humiliating a person.b. An instance of such humiliation: She gave you quite a takedown.
A bare nominalization of the verb take down.