An example of a tag team approach is when all five of your kids come up to you and start, one-by-one, to beg you for ice cream.
Origin of tag teamso named because a wrestler must tag, or touch, a teammate before replacing him or her in the ring: see tag ()
- designating or having to do with a form of professional wrestling in which two-member teams compete, with teammates alternating in the ring
- Informal of or having to do with any activity in which participants work together alternately
verbtag-teamed, tag-team·ing, tag-teams
- To wrestle as a member of a tag team.
- To do an activity by taking turns.
- To do (an activity) by taking turns.
- To question or reprimand (someone) by taking turns.
- Slang To have sex with (a person) by taking turns.
- meta tag, metatag