- The definition of tag team is an activity where the participants take turns participating as team members.
An example of a tag team approach is when all five of your kids come up to you and start, one-by-one, to beg you for ice cream.
- designating or having to do with a form of professional wrestling in which two-member teams compete, with teammates alternating in the ring
- Informal of or having to do with any activity in which participants work together alternately
Origin of tag-teamso named because a wrestler must tag, or touch, a teammate before replacing him or her in the ring: see tag ()
A team of two or more wrestlers who take turns competing against one of the wrestlers on another team, with the idle teammates waiting outside the ring until one of them is tagged by their competing teammate.
verbtag-teamed, tag-team·ing, tag-teams
- To wrestle as a member of a tag team.
- To do an activity by taking turns.
- To do (an activity) by taking turns.
- To question or reprimand (someone) by taking turns.
- Slang To have sex with (a person) by taking turns.
- Performed by two or more people or groups working alternately.
- Both of them worked, so they practiced a sort of tag-team parenting, swapping mornings and afternoons when the kids weren’t in school.