A cloth to cover a table, especially during a meal.
- Consider a deep red tablecloth and napkins, with gold chargers under your plates and a centerpiece made of natural materials: poinsettias, wood, and faux flowers and fruits (think faux sugar plums) would all make great additions.
- Red, green, gold, silver, and blue are all great choices for highlighting the white and silver centerpiece, just be sure to add a few accent pieces in your creation that repeats the color of your tablecloth.
- Typically, you'll either use a tablecloth or placemats; however, if you want to take advantage of an opportunity to add more color and design elements, you can also use placemats on top of the tablecloth.
- Forget the tablecloth - If you have a beautiful wooden table that you want to show off, as long as it is covered in a protective sealant, you can skip the tablecloth and let the table shine through.
- New throw pillows, a fun tablecloth, or accessories, like a set of Russian nesting dolls, will be enough to update your look and add a sense of movement and playfulness to your interiors.