Surgeon GeneralSurgeon General
nounpl. Surgeons General or Surgeon Generals
- the chief general officer or admiral in charge of the medical department of the U.S. Army, Air Force, or Navy
- the chief medical officer in the U.S. Public Health Service or in some state health services
Abbrev. Surg Gen
nounpl. Surgeons General Abbr. SG
- The chief medical officer in the US Public Health Service or in a state public health service.
- The chief general officer in the medical departments of the US Army, Navy, or Air Force.
(plural surgeon generals or surgeons general or surgeons generals)
- Alternative form of Surgeon General.