- The definition of superstitious is believing in beliefs that do not have grounds in logic and reason in the physical world.
An example of a superstitious person is someone who believes that black cats and the number 13 are unlucky.
superstitious definition by Webster's New World
- of, characterized by, or resulting from superstition
- having superstitions
superstitious definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Inclined to believe in superstition.
- Of, characterized by, or proceeding from superstition.
- suˌper·stiˈtious·ly adverb
- suˌper·stiˈtious·ness noun