- The definition of superstitious is believing in beliefs that do not have grounds in logic and reason in the physical world.
An example of a superstitious person is someone who believes that black cats and the number 13 are unlucky.
- of, characterized by, or resulting from superstition
- having superstitions
- Inclined to believe in superstition.
- Of, characterized by, or proceeding from superstition.
(comparative more superstitious, superlative most superstitious)
- Susceptible to superstitions.
- Arising from or having the character of superstitions.
- (archaic) overexact; unnecessarily scrupulous