- Present participle of summarize.
Summarizing is defined as taking a lot of information and creating a condensed version that covers the main points.
An example of summarizing is writing a three or four-sentence description that touches upon the main points of a long book.
- There is a good sketch summarizing modern opinion by E.
- When Cardinal Duprat convened his Synod of Paris in 1528 to discuss the new religion, Clichtove was summoned and was entrusted with the task of collecting and summarizing the objections to the Lutheran doctrine.
- This article is confined to summarizing the philosophical or scientific arguments for, and objections to, the doctrine of the persistence of the human soul after death.
- We agreed the tests were finished for the day but mellowed by wine; we spent two more evening hours summarizing our findings.
- An idea of the requirements of the plant will perhaps be afforded by summarizing the conditions which have been found to give the best results in the United States.