- covered with stubs or stubble
- short and heavy or dense: stubby bristles
- short and thickset
- a. Having the nature of or suggesting a stub, as in shortness, broadness, or thickness: stubby fingers and toes.b. Having a short, stocky build; thickset.
- Short and blunt, as from much use: a stubby pencil.
- Covered with or made of stubs.
- Short and bristly: a stubby beard.
(comparative stubbier, superlative stubbiest)
- (Australia, New Zealand, Canada, US) A small, squat beer bottle.
The stubby (the beer bottle) is widely used in Australia, New Zealand and in Europe. In Canada it was used almost exclusively from 1962-1986, as part of a standardisation drive.The alternative form stubbie is common in Australian and New Zealand English usage.
From stub +"Ž -y.