Baseball an out made by a batter charged with three strikes
nounAbbr. K or SO Baseball
An out made by a batter charged with three strikes and credited to the pitcher who threw the strikes.
- An instance or the act of yielding nothing
- We've had one strikeout after the other on the Jones account.
- (baseball) An instance or the act of striking out
- The pitcher recorded seven strikeouts in the game.
- (computing, wordprocessing) Cancellation of a portion of text by crossing it out without deleting it; strikethrough.