- a. The act of stretching out.b. The condition of being stretched out.c. An extension or prolongation, such as the time required for paying a debt.
- An increase in the work required of industrial workers without a commensurate pay increase.
(third-person singular simple present stretches out, present participle stretching out, simple past and past participle stretched out)
- To lie fully extended
- My cat likes stretching out in front of the fire.
- To fully extend a part of the body.
- Stretch your arms out above your head.