- The definition of a stockpot is a big pot usually used to prepare soup or broth.
The big pot where you boil a chicken to get chicken broth is an example of a stockpot.
stockpot definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a pot used for preparing soup stock
- a pot, etc. containing any mixture
- a soup containing various kinds of meat and vegetables
stockpot definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A pot used for preparing soup stock.
- A rich supply or resource.