- a pot used for preparing soup stock
- a soup containing various kinds of meat and vegetables
The definition of a stockpot is a big pot usually used to prepare soup or broth.
The big pot where you boil a chicken to get chicken broth is an example of a stockpot.
- A wide, deep pot with two handles and a lid, typically used for preparing broth or soup.
- A rich supply or resource.
- Other pots and pans that you might want to have in your cookware set include a stockpot, which is even bigger than a Dutch oven, and a roasting pan.
- Place a large stockpot over medium to high heat.