- Stigmatism, another word for astigmatism, is defined as a condition of the eye or lens where rays of light from a single point do not focus upon on a single point on the retina.
- the condition characterized by the presence of stigmas or stigmata
- the condition of a lens, and the normal condition of the eye, in which rays of light from a single point are focused upon a single point
- The condition of being affected by stigmata.
- The state of a refracting or reflecting system in which light rays from a single point are accurately focused at another point.
- Normal eyesight.
(countable and uncountable, plural stigmatisms)
Derived from Ancient Greek ÏƒÏ„Î¯Î³Î¼Î±Ï„Î¿Ï‚ (stigmatos, â€œpointâ€) +â€Ž -ism.