- Stigmatism, another word for astigmatism, is defined as a condition of the eye or lens where rays of light from a single point do not focus upon on a single point on the retina.
stigmatism definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the condition characterized by the presence of stigmas or stigmata
- the condition of a lens, and the normal condition of the eye, in which rays of light from a single point are focused upon a single point
stigmatism definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The condition of being affected by stigmata.
- The state of a refracting or reflecting system in which light rays from a single point are accurately focused at another point.
- Normal eyesight.
stigmatism - Medical Definition
The condition of having stigmas.