Going on a road trip at the very last minute because it seems fun is an example of spontaneity.
- the state or quality of being spontaneous
- pl. -·ties spontaneous behavior, movement, action, etc.
- The quality or condition of being spontaneous.
- Spontaneous behavior, impulse, or movement.
(countable and uncountable, plural spontaneities)
- (uncountable) The quality of being spontaneous.
- (countable) Spontaneous behaviour.
- (biology) The tendency to undergo change, characteristic of both animal and vegetable organisms, and not restrained or checked by the environment.
- (biology) The tendency to activity of muscular tissue, including the voluntary muscles, when in a state of healthful vigour and refreshment.
Compare French spontanÃ©itÃ©.