- the act of spilling over
- that which spills over; excess or overabundance
- The act or an instance of spilling over.
- An amount or quantity spilled over.
- A side effect arising from or as if from an unpredicted source: Late trains were a spillover of increased ridership.
- That which overflows; the excess or side effect.
- The spillover from the dam due to the heavy rains will run down this channel and harmlessly dump into that river, we hope.
- The spillover from this war will be many little massacres of civilians by civilians.
- The spread of infectious disease between different species of animal and particularly to humans.