- of or like a sphere
- of the heavenly spheres
- Of or relating to the celestial spheres.
- Resembling a celestial body.
(comparative more sphery, superlative most sphery)
- (archaic) round; spherical; starlike
- Hermia's sphery eyne. "” Shakespeare.
- (archaic) Of or relating to the celestial spheres.
- She can teach ye how to climb / Higher than the sphery chime. "” Milton.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
sphere +"Ž -y