- a person or thing that spanks
- an exceptionally fine, large, etc. person or thing
- a fore-and-aft sail, usually hoisted on a gaff, on the after mast of a square-rigged vessel
- the after mast and its sail on a vessel of more than three masts rigged fore and aft
- Someone who spanks.
- An instrument used to give someone a spanking or spank, such as a paddle.
- (nautical) A fore and aft gaff-rigged sail on the aft-most mast of a square-rigged vessel.
- (dated, music) A musician who plays his instrument well.
- (dated) One who takes long, quick strides in walking.
- (dated) A swift horse.
- (dated) Something very large, or larger than usual; a whopper.