- the direction, or the point on a mariner's compass, halfway between south and west; 45° west of due south
- a district or region in or toward this direction
- in, of, to, toward, or facing the southwest
- from the southwest: a southwest wind
in or toward the southwest
the SW part of the U.S., esp. Okla., Tex., N.Mex., Ariz., and S Calif.
- Abbr. SW The direction or point on the mariner's compass halfway between due south and due west, or 135° west of due north.
- An area or region lying in the southwest.
- Southwest A region of the southwest United States generally including New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, California, and Nevada and sometimes Utah and Colorado.
- To, toward, of, facing, or in the southwest.
- Originating in or coming from the southwest: a southwest wind.
In, from, or toward the southwest.