- Present participle of solo.
Variant of solo
nounpl. solos or soli
- a musical piece or passage played or sung by one person, with or without accompaniment
- a performance of such a piece or passage
- a dance, pantomime, etc., for performance by one person
- an airplane flight made by a pilot alone, without an assistant, instructor, etc.
- any performance by one person alone
- any of several card games in which each person plays, or a person may choose to play, alone against the others, without a partner
Origin of soloItalian ; from Classical Latin solus, alone, sole
- designed for or performed by a single voice, person, or instrument
- performing a solo
without another or others; alone