The solar system is a group of planets or celestial bodies that revolve around a sun.
An example of the solar system is the eight planets including Earth that revolve around the sun.
- that portion of our galaxy which is subject to the gravity of the sun
- all the matter within this portion, including interplanetary dust or gas; esp., the sun itself and its planets
- any similar system consisting of a star, its planets, etc.
- often Solar System The sun together with the eight planets and all other celestial bodies that orbit the sun.
- A system of planets or other bodies orbiting a star.
- Alternative capitalization of Solar System.
- attributive form of solar system, noun.