- dressed and groomed elegantly and with great care: used in referring to a man
- occas. sp. of soignée (with reference to a woman)
- manifesting elegance, sophistication, care, good taste, etc. : a soigné silk suit, soigné manners
Origin of soignésee soignée
- Showing sophisticated elegance; fashionable: a soigné little club.
- Well-groomed; polished: The soigné celebrity granted a brief interview.
Origin of soigneFrench from Old French past participle of soigner to take care of of Germanic origin
The French feminine form soignÃ©e is often used instead when applied to a female.