- saturated with moisture or liquid; soaked
- moist and heavy; sodden: soggy cake
- dull, heavy, and boring
Origin of soggyfrom obsolete sog, damp, boggy place, probably from or akin to Old Norse sea, literally , a sucking from base of suck
- Saturated or sodden with moisture; soaked: soggy clothes.
- Lacking spirit; dull: a soggy bit of dialogue.
- Humid; sultry: a soggy afternoon in August.
Origin of soggyFrom dialectal sog to be soaked ( from Middle English soggon soaked ) ( probably of Scandinavian origin ) or from dialectal sog swamp