Social health is defined as:
- how a person gets along with other people
- a person's level of support from people and institutions around them
- how well a society does at offering every citizen the equal opportunity to obtain access to the goods and services critical to being able to function as a contributing member of society
- An example of social health is the amount of interaction a person has with their community.
- An example of social health for a society is laws and regulations being applied to all citizens equally.
- An example of social health is public access to the decision-making processes.
- An example of social health is when an individual feels the support offered by being a part of the society, causing him to feel the encouragement to better himself through personal growth such as increased education or the development of a talent.