- (business) Small and Medium-sized Enterprise; Small- to Medium-Sized Enterprise
- Subject Matter Experts (Content managers that work with instructional designers to ensure the accuracy of the course subject.)
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
sme - Computer Definition
- Small and Medium Enterprise.The European Union (EU) defines a small enterprise (i.e., commercial organization, or business) as one with fewer than 50 employees and a medium enterprise as one with fewer than 250 employees.There are no standard United States definitions for small or medium enterprises, although a small business generally is described as one with fewer than 100 employees. An enterprise with fewer than 10 employees is generally classified as a small office/home office (SOHO) or a microbusiness. A large business enterprise (LBE) is larger than a medium enterprise. See also LBE and SOHO.
- (Pronounced smee) Subject Matter Expert. An expert on a given subject, generally of a technical or scientific nature.
(1) (Small and Medium-sized Enterprise) See SMB.
(2) (Subject Matter Expert) An individual who is well-versed in the policies and procedures of a particular department or division. Such people are used to derive the business rules for the organization. See business rule.
(3) (Sun Microelectronics) The unit within Sun that develops its chips.