- A momentary lull between breaking waves, favorable for launching a boat.
- A lull in a high windstorm.
Origin of slatchVariant of slack1.
- The period of a transitory breeze.
- An interval of good weather.
- (nautical) The loose part of a rope; slack.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.